- Mies is a simple vector graphics editing tool based on the awesome PaperJs library.
- Once you’re done with your drawing, you can download an SVG format of your masterpiece.
- This project is made at the Recurse Center , where I am currently learning programming.
- This is the first ever fully functioning program I ever wrote from scratch and I’m really proud of it!
- The PaperJs library api is so intuitive that it allowed me to quickly understand it and add multiple features.
- I called the project Mies – after one of my favorite architect! Mies Van der Rohe
- In fact the PaperJs started as a plugin for Adobe Illustrator and I had some experience with it (but with a GUI).
- The code can definitely be broken into modules of tools, art board and ui…
- There are a lot of things that can be improved but I feel like I’ve learned enough from this project that it is better to move on!