Ok. Here is what happened on the fifth week.
- The whole day was spent thinking about how to spend the whole day. Until I saw a tweet.
- I thought the tweet was really clever and decided to make something that allows you to do a similar thing.
- Called it Jomnify. And worked on it for the rest of the day.
- Finished up Jomnify. Its live here! For a randomly inspired, one day worth of work, I am very happy with the result.
- I blogged what I learned about Chrome extensions here: Basic of a Chrome extension.
- I also went to my first Yoga session! Sadly, I have been avoiding any sort of physical exercise besides walking. But I decided I have no excuses left as there is a yoga studio literally next door to RC.
- After watching a lot of amazing RC Thursday presentations, I decided to do one myself.
- I talked to Iain about presenting my Jomnify project and he helped me figure out a storyboard for the presentation
- I attended AJ‘s intermediate git, where I learned awesome git features like git rebase, reflog, squashing and patch mode.(I plan to blog about this next week)
- I also talked to Nancy, from RC’s jobs team. We talked about my general experience at RC so far, what I have been working on and how to slowly start the dreaded job searching process.
- I worked on the slides for my presentation and reviewed it one last time with Iain.
- I have experience with giving presentations ( from my architecture days ) but I was really nervous since I had never presented on my code before.
- Thankfully, the presentation went well. People laughed at my jokes (always a good sign) and gave me compliments afterwards!
- I attended RC’s second job fair. I had a good conversation with dropbox and Opendoor.
- This is becoming routine but I was exhausted from the week so I didn’t go to RC.
- It was gorgeous outside. So I walked around my Bedstuy neighborhood, got coffee at my favorite coffee shop (Le Paris Dakar) and worked from there on a bunch of random shit.