Ok. Here’s what happened on the eight week.
- I actually forgot it was Memorial day! RC was still open and a few people were there.
- Sketched out a React project that I want to work on.
- The idea is to create a simple visual todo board where you can just dump text notes, url, images and sketches on it.
- Another way to look at it is as less specific than a todo list and more concrete than a mood board.
- Here is a sketch of the idea:
- Wasn’t feeling well today. So I stayed in, read a book and watched a lot of Better Call Saul (so good!)
Day 52 – 54
- I’m getting stuck a lot while working on my first React App, which also means I’m learning a lot(I think…)
- I keep going back to the official docs on React, which I think are written really clearly.
I especially really like this overview: Thinking in React. There are essentially 4 critical steps in architecting a React app.
- Breaking the UI into a hierarchy of components.
- Build a static representation of the app.
- Model a representation of your UI state.
- Identify where that state will live.
- Add reverse data flow ( component -> state)
So far, I’ve been able to go through 1-5 for one component (text notes) and now I’m working on Images. The notes are also draggable using React Draggable library. Here is a sneak peek!